This farm is 7 Kms away from the Herat city. Its area is more than 240 hectres land which was established in 1346 (1967). Its boundary walls is approximately 9.5 kms. In the early days, 80 persons were work-in in the farm and all its departments were functional.
Presently, this farm has 9 employees and 25 servicing labors, contracted staff, drivers and gardeners are working in this farm. This farm has 5 tractors, 3 of them are fully functional and 2 are semi-functional. In addition, this farm owns 2 threshers and 5 seeders. FAO, PHDP, JICA, CIMMYT, ICARDA and French Cooperation are actively working at diverse parts of this farm. 500 Jeribs of this farm is given to Seed Enterprise, however, it is not being used properly. 145 Jeribs is devoted for the silk worm (seri-culture) project. Adaptive Research, Seed Multiplication (Breeder Seed) and Applied Research are performed in this farm. University of Texas of the United States has installed the latest Irrigation Technology sprinkler irrigation. The water resources of this farm is integrated with deep-wells and the canals. This farm has 5 wells, however, 2 of them are semi-functional and needs reconstruction. a building exists in this farm, which needs reconstruction. Presently, cereals, pulses, industrial plants, stone fruits and grapes are planted in this farm.
- Leveling the farm area
- Capacity building of the farm’s personnel.
- Availability of the necessary budget for the farm.
- Leveling of that part of the farm where the latest irrigation technology (sprinkler irrigation) is installed by the Texas University of the United States.
- Laser leveling land and plotting of the farm area.
- Introducing other departments for soil science (diagnosis) and diseases.
- Provision of machinery for plant cultivation and research purposes.
- Office equipments should be provided to the farm.
- A suitable place for the processing of Saffron.
- Paving the in-farm pathways.
- Increase in the number of technical and services personnel in the organogram (tashkeel) of the farm.
- Provision of vehicles for the transportation of the farm’s personnel.