The farm was established when Faiz Mohammad Khan’s ex-governer (nayebul hukuma) was ruling Paktia; the government of that time and foreign friends country were fascinated towards Paktia and had initiated basic agricultural projects. The Paktia Development Project (developed by the German’s technical team), financed by the German government, not only played an essential role in the greenery of Paktia province but also altered to a seed multiplication project and that contributed to the export of cereals, vegetables and fruits to the neighboring provinces and also to the neighbors in the east at that time
Cheshma Maran Research farm is located in the east-south of Paktia and has 5 kms distance from the center of Gardez city. At the north of the farm is Maihalan village, its southern boundaries are adjacent to the lands of Daulatzai village, in the east of the farm, private agricultural lands situated and its western side is adjacent to the Chasma aab of Malik villager. This farm covers 36 Jeribs agricultural land which was given to UNHCR on lease before 1389 (2010). UNHCR has built the boundary walls of the farm with mud and constructed two toilets and two mud rooms. A deep-well was also dug by UNHCR. In 1389 (2010), the Agricultural Directorate of Paktia Province through the IDT’s team signed a contract with Kabul Vertex Global, which worth 199000 USD to construct a building of 3 rooms, a training center, a toilet, a room for electric transformer and a green house (30 *10) equipped with the latest American system. In addition, a two-wheel tractor (for gardens) along with other related equipments was donated d by the IDT team to the Cheshma Maran Research farm. The department of agriculture with assistance of IDT leveled and plotted 4 jeribs of land and cultivated 4 verities ( Herat 99 – Gul 96 – Sheesham Bagh and Local ) in that land. Fall wheat has been planted in one Jerib land during the fall campaign of 1390 (2011). Approximately, 0.5 Jerib land was used for Saffron plantation during the same year in the month of Meezan (October).
- The farm is fully equipped with all the facilities including the boundary walls, however, there is no adequate staff to manage the farm. Currently, the farm has one employee and 2 laborers. In 1392 (2013)’s Tashkeel, 3 employees and 10 laborers were proposed for recruitment to work in this farm.
- A deep-well is already present in the farm, however, it is not equipped with electric-machine and other facilities for the convenience.
- Provision of vehicles and motor-cycles for transportation.
- Provision of computer system along with other related devices and a projector.
- Facilitating the farm with a digital camera for photography and one for video-recording.
- Technical and agricultural equipments and automobiles mentioned in table 2.4 to be provided.